- We medically risk assess all patients prior to attendance
- We wear all appropriate PPE to safeguard you and ourselves
- We COVID risk assess all patients prior to being invited into the premises on the day of their appointment
- We insist all of our patients wear their face masks
- We disinfect, sterilise, and provide a safe environment to continue to deliver outstanding dental care.
Appointment Guide Regarding the new process for visiting the practice, there is no need for concern, just follow these steps to ensure you are visiting us safely.
Payment must be made before treatment commences.
- Please bring the following, where necessary:
– Covid-19 treatment consent form
– Medical history form
– A face mask (masks can be purchased for £1.50).
- Bring the bare minimum, keep ALL jewellery at home.
- Please come alone where possible.
- Due to current government guidelines, all public toilet use is prohibited, therefore our toilets will not be in use.
On arrival remain in your car (or wait outside) and call us to let us know you have arrived. You will then be advised on the next steps. Please be prompt, if you are late, you will not be seen.
A nurse in PPE will greet you at the door where your temperature will be taken.
If your temperature is above 37.5˚C you will be asked to return home and self-isolate. If below 37.5˚C we will then ask your COVID symptom questions again.
We will administer an alcohol-based hand sanitiser and if you need an updated x-ray, we will take it before you are escorted to the surgery.
There will be a single entry and exit point to the practice and you will be escorted by the nurse to use them.
How we are keeping you and your family safe Here are the steps that we have incorporated into your patient journey at the appointment:
- All patients entering practice are required to wear facial protection.
- Temperature checks for every patient.
- Apply hand sanitizer before entering the building.
- Clinical staff wear single-use PPE.
- Social distancing is maintained with patients allocated a clinical room every 30 minutes and each room is aired for 30 minutes between patients.
- ALL areas are disinfected before and after each patient, including door handles and surfaces, in addition to usual cleaning. Non-essential items are also removed.
- Rooms are given the appropriate fallow time for each aerosol-generating procedure, as set out by the Faculty of General Dental Practice.
- Dedicated entry and exit point maintains social distancing at all times.
- Where applicable, all payments are taken prior to appointments.
If you have any concerns or confusion over the process, please call us on 01702 588 818 and we’ll be happy to assist.
About your booking and appointments
Following the outbreak of COVID-19 things have changed for a lot of us. We at Smiles appreciate the changes many have had to make to their daily lives. With the changes to all our routines, we have introduced some new services which we hope you will find useful in the current pandemic.
We can now offer 3 choices of dental appointments.
1. Upload 6 photos (as directed) to our NEW Artificial intelligent dental system through our website.
2. Once you have met the photo parameters submit to our AI system
3. Our AI system which has been developed over a number of years will review your photos and identify areas within your mouth that may need attention
4. The AI system will analyse your photos through its Artificial intelligence system
5. Following the review, a report will be provided detailing the condition of your smile, teeth & gums (this does not diagnose pain)
6. Within the report you will be provided with options for your Smile, teeth & gum diagnosis, and how we may assist you in achieving these concerns.
Our second option is to have our Dentist look over your report with a 10 Minute VIDEO consultation to discuss the findings in the report (THIS MAY WELL SUIT PATIENTS THAT ARE SHIELDING)
Our 3rd Option is booking your dental appointments through our New ON-LINE Appointment book. Allowing you the freedom to choose an appointment time to suit yourself (appointments are currently restricted due to the Government restrictions imposed)